ASMC 2019 CALL FOR ABSTRACTS IS NOW CLOSED
Abstracts are peer-reviewed by members of 2019 ASMC Technical Committee with the goal of developing a high-quality, informative conference. The ASMC Committee is composed of industry professionals representing the microelectronics supply-chain.
All abstracts will be evaluated on the strength of the abstract submitted, including content matter and relevance to semiconductor manufacturing. If your abstract is accepted, your paper MUST be presented in person. Submission of an abstract to ASMC represents a commitment to present a non-commercial, peer-reviewed paper at the conference. ALL technical manuscripts, regardless of presentation format, will be published by IEEE in the ASMC 2019 proceedings. Authors who missed the call for papers should consider submitting an abstract in the 'Breaking News' category.
We strongly recommend that authors receive management approval, including travel support, in advance of abstract submission. If you cannot confirm that your paper will be presented in person, either by yourself, co-author or qualified speaker, your paper will not be published. ASMC 2019 will be held in Saratoga Springs, New York, USA. If you travel to ASMC from outside the United States, you may require a visa. Please begin the process early! If you require a letter of invitation to obtain a travel visa to the U.S., please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
It is critical that you include in your timeline company approval cycles, which may be a longer process than the preparation of the actual manuscript and presentation. Please note the following dates and share this information with your co-author(s) and management. Conference registration is a requirement for participation. Dates are subject to change.
- Advanced Equipment Processes and Materials
- Advanced Metrology
- Advanced Patterning/Design for Manufacturability
- Advanced Process Control
- Big Data Management and Mining
- Contamination Free Manufacturing
- Defect Inspection and Reduction
- Discrete and Power Devices
- Enabling Technologies and Innovative Devices
- Equipment Reliability and Productivity Enhancements
- Factory Automation
- Green Factory
- Industrial Engineering
- Lean Manufacturing
- MOL and Junction Interfaces
- Packaging and Through Silicon Via
- Smart Manufacturing
- The Fabless Experience
- Yield Enhancement/Learning
- Yield Methodologies
- ASMC 2019 ENTEGRIS Best Paper Award
All papers presented at ASMC will be considered for the ASMC 2019 Entegris Best Paper Award.
The ASMC 2018 Best Paper was awarded to 'Contamination Free Manufacturing Uncovering Chemical Quality Improvements Through a Holistic Approach to Chemical Quality Management' by
Nora Colligan, Samsung Austin Semiconductor
- ASMC 2019 GLOBALFOUNDRIES Best Student Paper
Papers authored and presented by a student or student/professor will receive special consideration for the 2019 ASMC Outstanding Student Paper Competition, sponsored by GLOBALFOUNDRIES
The ASMC 2018 Best Student Paper was awarded for 'Towards Optimization of Global Production Scheduling with Deep Reinforcement Learning' by
Bernd Waschneck, University Stuttgart; Thomas Altenmüller, Andreas Kyek, Infineon Technologies AG; Thomas Bauernhansl, Fraunhofer Institute for Manufacturing Engineering and Automation IPA
IMPORTANT DUE DATES
|Call for Papers Opens||August 1, 2018|
|Authors must use the abstract template and upload to the ASMC collection site. Please indicate if the abstract is to be considered for a poster presentation or the ASMC student best paper competition.|
|Abstracts Due (extended)||October 17, 2018|
|Abstracts submitted after the published deadline will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Abstracts should be uploaded to the ASMC 2019 Collection Site|
|Author Notification Sent||December 5, 2018||Primary authors/contacts will receive an instructional email. Upon notification, the authors will be requested to confirm their participation in the conference.|
|Speaker Agreement ||December 19, 2018||Speaker agreement and confirmation are due. Authors should have management, financial/travel support, and any necessary IP approval. Send to email@example.com.|
|February 5, 2019|
|ALL authors, regardless of session, are required to submit a manuscript using the approved MANUSCRIPT TEMPLATE. This is the same template used for the extended abstract. Accepted formats to submit are: doc, .docx, pdf. The manuscript must be uploaded to the ASMC collection site no later than February 5. Special PDF generation and checking capability will be provided for submission after review and approval by the committee. Only changes requested by reviewers should be made after this submission date. *Additional instructions below. |
March 12, 2019
Feedback from committee reviewers, with requested edits/changes for an author(s) to be included in the final manuscript.
|Early Registration Ends||March 19, 2019|
Early registration ends. To receive speaker discount, use one of the following campaign codes:
ASMCSPKRMBR (SEMI member); ASMCSPKR (IEEE, or non-SEMI member). For student code, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
|Final Manuscript||March 26, 2019||Final, company-approved manuscript (PDF ONLY) and must be submitted electronically to the ASMC collection site in order to be published in the ASMC 2019 proceedings. IEEE PDF express opens February 26: http://www.pdf-express.org. conference ID will be announced on February 5, 2019.|
|April 20, 2019|
- Speakers are responsible for providing a PPT in advance to be uploaded for presentation at the conference. We strongly recommend:
- Speakers to use the ASMC PPT template (16x9). Failure to do so may cause technical problems on site. SEND PPT to email@example.com.
- Peer-review your presentation to ensure that graphics are viewable from across a large room and that you have sufficient material to fill your presentation time (20 minutes). Tips for presentations The Most Effective Use of PowerPoint
- For poster presentations:
- Use the ASMC poster template rather than multiple pages, it looks more professional.
- Available size of posterboard / frame is 8'w x 4'h (2.4m x 1.2m).
- The poster should be a minimum ANSI E 44w" x 34"h (or ISO A0, 1.189m x 0.84m) or larger, to fit within the frame. A great poster has lots of figures, graphs, and a minimum amount of text in a large font.
- Use a minimum ISO A0 or ANSI E size poster (see template)
- Use the entire width of the f frame, i.e. make poster wider
- Select a font size that is readable from at least 3 ft. (e.g., title: 60 pts, body, and headings: 30 pts, text: no smaller than 18 pts).
- Select a sans-serif font (e.g., Helvetica, Arial) for titles and headings.
Posters will be divided into two groups (by color) which will be presented in 45-minute time slots. This will allow presenters an opportunity to see other posters and enjoy the reception. Posters should be in place by 4:30pm on Tuesday, May 7.
|Manuscript Instructions|| |
All authors are required to submit a preliminary manuscript (PDF or DOC) to the ASMC collection site. This manuscript should reflect the complete/final manuscript, e.g. contain at least 90%-100% of content. Final manuscript only must be processed through IEEE PDF eXpress. The initial manuscript does not need to be processed through IEEE PDF eXpress.
Final, company-approved manuscripts, follow these steps (after receiving final input from reviewers):
1. Process manuscript through IEEE PDF eXpress to ensure IEEE compliance.
2. Convert document at http://www.pdf-express.org/. Used conference ID Please follow instructions as directed.
3. Save IEEE compliant PDF on the ASMC 2019 submission site. DO NOT password protect the PDF.
4. Upload to ASMC collection site. Include IEEE e-Copyright form.
Maximum number of pages is six (6). Authors will be provided feedback to ensure the highest technical quality of manuscripts. If you have misplaced your ID and password, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
POSTERS:Tips for presentations - The Most Effective Use of PowerPoint
Authors presenting in the interactive poster session, will be provided with a poster frame and push pins. The dimensions of the frame are 8ft x 4ft (2.4m Wide x 1.2m High). We highly recommend that authors print a one page sheet rather than multiple PPT pages, as it looks more professional: Examples.