BRISTOL, United Kingdom – April 11, 2019 – SEMI, the industry association representing the global electronics manufacturing and design supply chain, today announced the SEMI Talent Forum to be held on 2-3 May 2019 in Bristol, UK at the University of Bristol Students’ Union. Students and young professionals will connect with local companies to explore career paths and employment opportunities in the semiconductor industry and discover how technology is impacting the global workforce.
The event is staged in partnership with the University of Bristol, Edwards, SPTS Technologies an Orbotech Company, Oxford Instruments, Intel, Applied Materials, and many other businesses in the region and across Europe. The University of Bristol Students’ Union is at Richmond Building, 105 Queens Rd, Bristol BS8 1LN, UK. Participation is free of charge and registration is open online.
“Workforce Development is a critical global industry challenge. The SEMI Talent Forum will connect students and young professionals with semiconductor companies to help build industry workforce", said Laith Altimime, president of SEMI Europe. “We thank the local ecosystem for their support and endorsement.”
The SEMI Talent Forum will kick off with the opening session Semiconductors, Enabling a Digital Future and feature auditorium sessions including keynote speeches and panel discussions on the following topics.
- Talent Pipeline Enabling Innovation, Growth and Competitiveness
- Grand Societal Challenges: How You Can Help Electronics Shape the Future
- The Global Competition for Talent Mobility
- Diversity and Inclusion for High Performance Teams
- The Future of Work
The event will also showcase:
- Tech Demo Zones with interactive technology demonstrations such as Virtual Reality demonstrations
- Career Café where students and young professionals can meet with industry leaders and learn about their companies’ work and culture
- Mentor Café where students can participate in mock interviews and CV review sessions
- Meet the Expert Stage with deep-dive presentations on career opportunities by industry leaders
- Professional Headshot Studio where attendees can get a free professional headshot for their CV and business social media profiles
- Student Poster Exhibition where local students will showcase their research
For more details about the event, please see the full program online.
Powering the Modern World
Semiconductors power virtually all the modern technology we’ve come to rely on and are shaping our future in profound ways. Watch the SEMI Contact Protocol movie trailer to learn more.
The SEMI Talent Forum is sponsored by Edwards, SPTS Technologies (An Orbotech Company), Intel, Oxford Instruments, Applied Materials.
Participating companies include Applied Materials, Edwards, Greenpeace Research Laboratories, Intel, Nanoscope Services, Newport Wafer Fab, LinkedIn, Oxford Instruments, Quantum Technology Enterprise Centre (QTEC), SAR Insights and Consulting, SPTS Technologies (An Orbotech Company), TechWorks UK, X-FAB.
Follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn: @SEMIEurope – #talentforum #digitalfuture #bristolfuture
SEMI® connects more than 2,100 member companies and 1.3 million professionals worldwide to advance the technology and business of electronics manufacturing. SEMI members are responsible for the innovations in materials, design, equipment, software, devices, and services that enable smarter, faster, more powerful, and more affordable electronic products. Electronic System Design Alliance (ESD Alliance), FlexTech, the Fab Owners Alliance (FOA) and the MEMS & Sensors Industry Group (MSIG) are SEMI Strategic Association Partners, defined communities within SEMI focused on specific technologies. Visit www.semi.org to learn more, contact one of our worldwide offices, and connect with SEMI on LinkedIn and Twitter.