The electronics market sector is increasingly driven by consumer spending, where electronic products require more than performance and speed. Product look and feel, functionality, time to market, and cost are becoming critical factors, and packaging plays major role in delivering solutions to meet these needs.
Consumer electronics are changing how semiconductor devices are thinned, die attached, bonding wire and encapsulated, with materials playing a major role enabling the development of newer packaging technologies.
Typical Semiconductor Packaging Materials
A key business issue with a consumer electronics driven market is that semiconductor manufacturers and packaging subcontractors are experiencing severe pricing pressure from their customers. Thus, manufacturers are pushing cost reduction at a faster pace to offset erosion in semiconductor average selling prices (ASP).
For the latest info, please view the info on this page as well as some of our products we have available for this market segment.
- Packaging Materials Market Trends, Issues and Opportunities Part 3: Packaging Materials: Strong Growth Rates for Small Form Factors (April 5, 2016)
- Status of the Advanced Packaging Industry 2015 (March 29, 2016)
- China: Strong Market Growth and Innovation in Packaging (March 8, 2016)
- Packaging Materials Market Trends, Issues and Opportunities Part 2: Material Supply Base Observations (February 23, 2016)
- Packaging Material Supplier Landscape Shifting ─ Reshaping Both Technology and Market Trends (January 12, 2016)
- Advanced Semiconductor Packaging Drives Materials Consumption through 2019 (December 14, 2015)
- Packaging Materials Market Trends, Issues and Opportunities Part 1 (December 8, 2015)
- It’s All about Packaging. In this Material World That We Are Dealing With, Who Is Your Partner? (November 2015)
- Bonding Wire Transition Marches On (February 3, 2015)
Global Semiconductor Packaging Materials Outlook, 2015 to 2019
China Semiconductor Packaging Market Outlook